Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher talks about the conclusion of Mini-camp.
AFC South Tight End Rankings
Positives: Speed, size, great hands, great understanding of the game.
Limitations: Not a superior blocker.
2. Owen Daniels, Houston Texans- Owen Daniels is one of the most underrated tight ends in the game, as the third-year pro combines great hands with good size, and he has just enough speed to get open in the seam. Daniels caught 63 passes for 763 yards in just his second season in the NFL.
Positives: Size, great hands, shows an ability to get open in the red zone.
Limitations: Not a deep threat, not a superior blocker.
3. Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars- Marcedes Lewis has had a slow start to his career, as the former first-round pick had to play catch-up as a rookie due to a preseason ankle injury. Since then, Lewis has showed good hands and an ability to make tough catches while being a more than adequate blocker.
Positives: Solid blocker, good athleticism, nice hands
Limitations: Only average timed speed.
4. Alge Crumpler, Tennessee Titans- Alge Crumpler is a former Pro Bowler (with the Atlanta Falcons) who signed with Tennessee after being released after last season. Crumpler has battled injuries, but has proven himself to be a big play guy with great hands. His 35 career touchdown receptions shows he is a viable red zone target.
Positives: Great hands, great understanding of the game.
Limitations: Injuries, has probably already played his best football.
5. Bo Scaife, Tennessee Titans- With the Titans signing of Alge Crumpler, it is assumed that the team will employ a lot of two tight end sets in 2008. Bo Scaife showed solid hands and an ability to move the chains in 2007.
Positives: Solid hands, good blocker.
Limitations: Not a fantastic athlete, not a great red zone threat.
6. George Wrighster, Jacksonville Jaguars- Wrighster is one of the most athletic tight ends in the AFC despite not being able to stay healthy almost every year of his five-year career. Wrighster routinely hurdles defenders and has solid hands.
Positives: Great athleticism, better than average blocker, good hands.
Limitations: Injuries, poor timed speed.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of JagNation.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius NFL Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers Association, and is a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
ColtsBlitz.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
AP Poll Week Eight
Mississippi State stays No. 1 after the bye week and Florida State is still No. 2 this week...Read More
5 Tips for Deer Hunting Over Feeders
As an avid whitetail enthusiast sitting in a blind watching over a wildlife feeder, I believe you can benefit from these tipsRead More
Keith “Catman” Sutton’s guide to catching blue catfish all year long.Read More